What is Reiki?
Reiki is a form of spiritual healing energy and it is one of our world’s most precious and valuable resources. It has the power to affect our health and improve our state of well-being. This type of healing energy has been given to us, to help us walk through life, just as we have been given other natural energy resources like water and air. In fact, we are already accessing spiritual energy, whether we know it or not.
Reiki is a nurturing, safe and holistic treatment that reduces stress and promotes healing of the body, mind and spirit. There is a life force energy that flows through each of us and if this energy is blocked or low, then we are more likely to get sick and stay sick. Reiki has the ability to clear blockages in our energy field thereby allowing our bodies to heal naturally and bring us to our greatest state of well-being.
As a Reiki practitioner, I act as a channel for this magnificent and nurturing energy. Much like a magnifying glass concentrates the sun’s energy on one specific spot, I help concentrate Reiki energy on you – more specifically, your chakra centers – so that any blockages that exist in your energy field can be released.
Many prestigious and reputable hospitals now offer Reiki as a complementary and alternative medical treatment to their patients, including Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Yale-New Haven Hospital, to name a few.
This loving, positive energy is an amazing gift given to us by the Universe… we should use it!
Who can benefit from Reiki?
Every living thing, of any age, can benefit from Reiki. Reiki can never cause harm. Among the benefits of Reiki include the following:
- Induces deep relaxation
- Clears energy blockages
- Helps the body release stress and toxins
- Helps clear and focus the mind
- Accelerates the body’s natural self-healing ability
- Assists with spiritual growth and release of emotion
- Helps reduce anxiety
- Aids with sleep
- Helps relieve chronic pain
- Assists with pain and stress of childbirth
- Assists with pain and stress of chemotherapy
- Helps reduce side effects from radiation, chemotherapy and Rx meds
- Promotes creativity
- Compliments medical treatment
- Assists animals/pets with pain and healing
- Helps plants grow and thrive
- Helps energetically cleanse a house, space or object
Reiki should never take the place of receiving licensed professional medical care but rather be utilized as a complementary care.